David E. Smith on 22 Dec 2002 00:26:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Database, online

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> >To the best of my knowledge, the only thing missing would be the Mischief
> >dimension, but IIRC nobody has done anything mischievous since that one
> >was created. :-)
> There have been several things done that affect it.. declarations of
> respect, ministries, asskicking...

Not since the last reset. :-)

It's now added, which pretty much guarantees that nothing will happen with
it in quite a while.

I can't recall seeing an asskicking in quite a while (at least not one
that was recognized), actually. That may be another thing that needs to
officially go away.

> Well, when writing the uber, I came up with a few things.  Here's some stuff
> that's applicable under the current rules (I think).  (Oh, the site seems to
> be down, so if any of these are on there already, I apoligize)

For the most part, these are "cosmetic" things, which I add to the generic
"Notes" field when appropriate. Yeah, I probably could create a massive
complex system for tracking each of these, but there's NO POINT to doing so.

For the most part, unless something is listed, you can assume it's either
'zero' or 'whatever the default setting is'. Since that's the case, and I
choose to believe any reasonable person can recognize this with little
difficulty, I see no need to waste my time writing it, and everyone else's
time reading it.

> Bail Fund
Zero, unless specified otherwise.

> Style Attributes
Listed.

> Mischievousness
Listed.

> Broken Limbs
Zero.

> Titles -- Seperate from the mess
> Nobility
Nobility no longer exists.

> Deity
None, unless specified otherwise.

> Radar
Two, unless specified otherwise.

> Insta-Ruler
Handled by the Insta-Minister.

Imagine what the roster would look like if all of these things were
listed. It'd be about twice as long as it is now (and it's arguably too
long already).

...dave