Orc In A Spacesuit on 19 Dec 2002 10:17:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Database, online

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> As it seems that I will most likely become the statkeeper

Did you nominate yourself for that position, and I missed it? (Did you
nominate yourself, and I recognized it, and then I forgot?)

Gosh dernit, that's one of the many things that got wiped when Hotmail decided to replace my entire message with my signature, and not let me change it back. Bah. I'm in the middle of writing a major prop, and doing other stuff. I'll get around to it, if someone else doesn't.

> I need a way
> to display an Access database on a web page.

That "Word OLE export" thing probably is the simplest option, really. I
don't know much about Access, though, so I can't really help you there.

If you're interested in having everything online, all the time, you may
want to see if Joel will give you an account on the nomic.net server.
Then, you can edit things in more-or-less real time (instead of having to upload a page every time something changes), and it might even be possible to connect that to other parts of the database (maybe having the Roster pull players' stats, for example).

Hmm. Yeah, I would like to be able to access the database, that would be the best way. Joel, you listening? As for the roster, I personally think that it's incomplete right now. If I were to get access, would you mind me adding to it?

I can help you with the MySQL (but its SQL should be fairly similar to
Access SQL), and PHP, and I think Glotmorf wrote the Insta-Rules system
with MySQL and Perl (I'm sorta volunteering em to help, but e seems like a nice enough person :)

Glotmorf?  Can ya help a guy out?

Orc In a Spacesuit