Baron von Skippy on 18 Dec 2002 20:53:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Foreign affairs

>>What if the dominant scorekeeping unit isn't used to determine wins? Say,
>>for example, a Nomic with lots of currencies, but *no* way to win?
>-Then... well, then their money is next to worthless, isn't it? Actually,
>I've been thinking about this. In the happy afterglow of a post-win reset,
>we have no points here, but according to that little formula, our points
>are
>still only worth 1S. Maybe the commission should set exchange rates based
>on
>actual holdings?-

Did someone else win when I wasn't looking?
-Not yet, anyway.-

>>Is War ever going to do anything?
>-Haven't there been Nomic wars in the past? Besides, if two games really
>hate each other, they need an outlet somehow.-

Not necessarily hate. Ultima Online has guild wars on its non-PK realms. Consentual war.
-Well, in that event, they don't need an outlet as badly.-

>>It never says they can't be.
>-Feh.-

Actually...my memory's a bit fuzzy...Did Wonko's carryable instarule prop pass? If so, that means instarules can be possessed. Throw in offers and they can be bought and sold...
-Well, if the as-yet-unnamed decides they can be traded, it will be so, but they're only applicable to this game, so I don't see that happenening. We'd be better off making sure they aren't for sale - people who don't like us could screw us up by making a whole lot of Insta-Rules to foul something up for a bit.-

>>How about the Nomic Associative Treaty Organization? Or the United Nomics?
>-Nomanon. The Nomsaw Pact. The Commonwealth of Independent Nomics. The
>United Federation of Nomics. The Organization of Purchaseable-item
>Exporting
>Nomics...-

Nombody. (Let's get drunk and be nombody.)
-I had one more idea... NAFTA, the Nomics Associative Free Trade Agreement.-

						Glotmorf

[[BvS]]