Wonko on 12 Dec 2002 22:47:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 28 BALLOT

Quoth Rob Speer,

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:03:34PM -0600, David E. Smith wrote:
>> Proposal 1239/1: Hey, Artifacts! (Wonko)
>
> NO [[I would vote SHELVE because of the "There exists" part, but even
> if it were fixed this rule sounds like the kind we're trying to get rid
> of - it creates arbitrary objects that probably no one will ever use.]]

I'm not creating arbitrary objects; I'm redefining extant ones to be easier
to work with. In fact, this prop only adds three lines to the ruleset, while
simultaneously shortening the Shield and Sledge significantly.

>> Proposal 1241/1: Standard Abuses (Wonko)
> SHELVE [[The "three units away" part, and why create another useless
> attribute?]]

Which useless attribute would that be? This prop also doesn't add much, and
shortens a lot of existing stuff. The idea was that if we were going to have
a number of objects with identical functions, we might as well make it a
bunch of objects using the same function, to cut down on overhead.

--
Wonko