Wonko on 5 Dec 2002 22:00:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] This should do it

Quoth Glotmorf,

> Should it be determined that the unregulated object existed, and that the
> proposal could reference it, we get a bit more metaphysical...If a proposal is
> a collection of actions to be performed, then at the time the proposal gets
> implemented it must contain the actions to be performed; therefore, the
> actions are no longer unknown and the nature of the proposal is known.  If
> that's the case, the fact that the proposal performs a change in order to
> permit a second change, then undoes the first change, makes the proposal in
> violation of r10, which says, "No Proposal may attempt to temporarily
> circumvent the Rules."  It doesn't break that down into each individual action
> the proposal takes; it cites the proposal in its entirety.

So disable the anti-circumvention clause first. Actually, one could argue
the circumvention part means nothing - a proposal doesn't actively try to do
anything. A proposal is a list of requested changes, which are implemented
by either the Voting rule or by Dave, depending on how you look at it. Rules
are certainly allowed to circumvent other rules; so's Dave.

--
Wonko