Glotmorf on 4 Dec 2002 18:16:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] R1219 change

On 12/4/02 at 12:10 PM bd wrote:

>On Wednesday 04 December 2002 11:29 am, Rob Speer wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:10:42AM -0500, Glotmorf wrote:
>> > This rule takes precedence over all other rules.
>> >
>> > If the implementation of a proposal would result in a rule other than
>> > this one having a higher chutzpah than this rule, this rule's chutzpah
>is
>> > adjusted just prior to implementation of that proposal to be one higher
>> > than the targeted rule's new chutzpah.
>> >
>> > Any change to the chutzpah of a rule other than this one must be to an
>> > explicitly stated numerical value.
>>
>> I'm going to fix my proposal accordingly. This is fun.
>>
>> I modify my proposal "Step The Hell Down Already" to be:
>> {{
>> 1. Append to Rule 1248 [[because it's numbered higher]], this paragraph:
>> "Rule 1219 may be repealed by a proposal entitled 'Step The Hell Down
>> Already'. This rule takes precedence over Rule 1219."
>
>Dosen't work. The chutzpah is the overriding factor here, not the rule ID.
>The
>explicit precedences cancel.
>
>> 2. Repeal Rule 1219.
>> 3. Remove the last paragraph of Rule 1248.
>> }}
>>
>> [[Again, the blind faith in Chutzpah. But moreover, this is Nomic, where
>> as long as the game is still playable no rule is immutable. If you
>> intend to fix your rule so that this doesn't work, I suggest you do it
>> hypothetically on spoon-discuss so I can respond with the hypothetical
>> change to the proposal.]]

What bd said.  Plus, it being a higher-numbered rule doesn't count any more, since my De-fusing the Time Bomb prop passed.  Despite my efforts to the contrary. :)

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower