Glotmorf on 1 Dec 2002 00:44:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] p1234

--- Orc In A Spacesuit <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> The way I see it, that proposal would reset the day
> to nweek 27, nday 3 or
> whatever.  And it would not do a rule change as
> specified as a "rule
> change"; it would make the rule cease to exist.  And
> I don't think that
> there are any props made after that point that don't
> deal with the takeover,
> at least that can't be reproposed.

If making a rule cease to exist isn't considered
changing it, I don't know what is.  Besides, that
wasn't my primary argument.  My primary argument was
the part of Rule 204 which says,

"A proposal shall not, by its adoption, have any
retroactive effect on actions, proposals, rules, CFJs,
or game state."

So the proposal, quite simply, is illegal, regardless
of whatever it might do to r1219.

And even if props can be reproposed, and votes recast,
and the ballot regenerated, and the roster re- (or
un-) updated, and a catastrophe not caused in the
process, it seems like an awful lot of trouble to put
everyone through.

-- Glotmorf