Glotmorf on 29 Nov 2002 03:52:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] p1208

A few comments regarding the More Raw Materials proposal:

I really don't like to see global terms redefined locally within the context of a rule.  I believe it can cause confusion and have disasterous effects in the long run.  If it is necessary to use internally defined terms, please don't make them the same as global terms; that will make it clear to people looking at the middle of the rule that the term doesn't necessarily have any effect outside the rule.

I think this whole thing is too big and complex to implement in one chunk.  I suspect it won't pass because of one minor point or another.  I personally intend to vote no because I think Raw Materials should be generic for the time being.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower