Glotmorf on 27 Nov 2002 14:46:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Quick Fix Fix, and a Big heap of Insta-Rules

--- Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > TOP
> > -----
> > Rule 0
> > -----
> > definitions of basic concepts
> > -----
> > definitions of player and admin
> > -----
> > CFI mechanism
> > -----
> > The Overlord
> > other rule-changing rules
> > -----
> > everything else
> > -----
> > BOTTOM
> >
> > Players and the Administrator would have to be
> defined below the basic
> > concepts, since they're dependent on the basic
> concepts.  The CFI mechanism
> > would have to be below the player and admin defs
> because it depends on them.
> > That could leave CFIs out of reach of the
> Overlord.
>
> That looks good to me.
>
> Say, here's an idea: what if, instead of making
> bandwidth cost dependant on
> the number of rules changed, it depended on the
> level of the most powerful
> modified rule? Or, we could give each player a
> 'Power' attribute; one would
> have to spend greater quantities of power to amend
> more powerful rules, and
> there could be ways of gaining extra power, say from
> Bonus Boxes or the
> consumption of Insta-Rules, or something crazy like
> that?

The latter would be dangerous.  You'd have people
buying bandwidth with instaruler, making instarules
just to eat them.

Bandwidth might be just as well to use, and let people
pool it in societies to make big, powerful changes.
The lowest layer could be 1 bandwidth to change (it
doesn't matter how many layers are above it); each
layer up from the bottom costs a bit more to change.
That might discourage ridiculous numbers of levels...

Given this idea, is it time to make bandwidth
accumulate across nweeks?

> It does this:
> Increment loc1 to 9. Then, test 1; it's postitive,
> so add 8 to loc0 and
> subtract 1 from loc1. Then control hits the closing
> bracket; the current
> byte (loc1 = 8) is still nonzero, so it adds 8 to
> loc0 again and decrements
> loc1 again. This continues until loc1 is zero; at
> this point loc0 has 8*9;
> 72 is the ASCII for 'H'. The same multiplication
> system is used to increment
> the other locations to their respective ASCII
> values.

Ah.  Totally missed the looping aspect...didn't read
the directions closely enough.  I thought that closing
bracket was an endif, not an endwhile.

-- Glotmorf