bd on 25 Nov 2002 00:42:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Orc's Recognizer and Rectification

On Saturday 23 November 2002 05:58 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> It appears that either everything's fine and Dave is admin, or everything's
> fine and I am admin.  If I am admin, I would very much like to give Dave
> his power back, but cannot as of yet, as I can only give it up, and anyone
> else could just take it up.  So, I'm gonna make a recognizer in case I am
> admin (and Dave, feel free to use mine if you are admin), and I'll make a
> proposal to fix this.

It's #1, and Glotmorf is all-powerful.

> BvS attempts to rule TRUE on CFI 1205.  Whether or not e does is
> debateable. According to the game thread that I am admin, e did not, as a
> TRUE ruling was illegal.

No; the legality is ambigous. The point of a CFI is to resolve cases in which
the rules are rather unclear. In this case, the system was used, and it ruled
that it was legal. It's not circumventing rules, merely clarifying them.

> Bd attempts to rule YES, then TRUE on CFI 1205.

...and succeeds.

> Glotmorf tries to take some actions, believing that the alleged rulings of
> CFI 1205 allow em to do so.  They do not.  Those actions do not take place.

That's not your decision to make. It's the CFI system. And it has decided. Get
over it already.

> Lord Gregarian rules TRUE on all of them.  As a result, we no longer have a
> justice system.

But that means the justice system was not deleted. Remember, these clarify the
past gamestate as well, up to the statute of limitations (iirc).

> I propose the following:
> {{__Return of the King__
> change the last sentence of 25 to "The Administrator is the human being
> who's real name, not any given in this game, is David E. Smith."

It can't refer to a player anyway, r2. And r2 DOES NOT apply in the Glotmorf
rules! rule.

--
bd
I couldn't remember when I had been so disappointed.  Except perhaps the