Baron von Skippy on 24 Nov 2002 06:54:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] CFI 4

you're all making a hell of a noise about this. Dammit, no one did anything with the powers in GR! until we were provoked to do so. So what's the fucking big deal? Has anyone else noticed that it's nday 5 and there's only one item on the ballot that isn't there because of shelving? Let's move on, shall we?-

[[BvS]]

*snip*

On the other hand, Glotmorf siezed power (or attempted to), and proceeded to establish himself and his cohorts as absolute dicators. This led the rest of the players to believe e would not simply step up, fix a problem, and step down. And therefore, we bent all our effort to making sure that this attempt at foul, unethecial takeover failed.
-You keep missing something. It's a minor point, I know, but it changes the nature of these goings-on. We're not Glotmorf's "cohorts." We (I, anyway - I'm just assuming things are similar for bd) decided his interpretation of the rules was accurate. Given the nature of the interpretation in question, this meant somewhat more than it might have otherwise, but that's all it was. Eir decision to grant the powers unto us later on was one independent of contract. Secondly, my decision to back said interpretation was based on a belief that, while not yielding those powers after fixing the hole, Glotmorf wouldn't kill the Game with them. As of yet, he hasn't. The Game suffers right now because people are battling each point up and down and performing actions without seeing how the opposing side will react, like blindfolded novice chess players blundering across the board. Perhaps a return to an earlier time would be preferable. However, this dispute was still present at the beginning of the nweek. How do you propose to deal with that, bearing in mind that an idea like "just surrender your powers" isn't going to work?-

About my 'recognizer':  I made it with these intentions:
1. To help Dave
2. To let the game go on if I am actully admin
3. To establish points to roll the game back to, if we do so.
-Points chosen by you to aid your views? Great, that's helpful... is there anyone neutral around here? If so, let them figure it out...-

Orc In A Spacesuit

[[BvS]]