Wonko on 23 Nov 2002 19:13:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Ramroding the CFI's

Quoth bd,

> On Friday 22 November 2002 05:32 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
>> From: bd <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>> I attach the following analysis to my previous CFI:
>>> {{
>>> By rule 2, "Any similarity between the string of characters that
>>> constitute the name of a Player and a string of characters in the text of
>>> a Proposal, Rule, or Judgment shall have no impact on the implementation
>>> of that Proposal, Rule, or Judgment, unless the language of the Proposal,
>>> Rule, or Judgment specifically indicates the string of characters is
>>> referring to a Player of that name. ".
>>>
>>> Rule 25 states: "The Administrator is David E. Smith." Rule 25 does not
>>> specifically indicate the string of characters, "David E. Smith" is
>>> referring
>>> to a Player of that name.
>>>
>>> Therefore "the player formerly known as Orc in a Spacesuit" is not the
>>> Administrator, but he is "the player named David E. Smith".
>>> }}
>>> --
>>> bd
>>> Young men think old men are fools; but old men know young men are fools.
>>> -- George Chapman
>>
>> And I counter with whatever Glotmorf used in eir CFI to actually let
>> __Glotmorf Rules!__ work.  They are based on the exact same concept.
>>
>> Now, either:
>> the concept is true, and Glotmorf could've gotten power, and I became admin
>> or the concept is not true, and Glotmorf never could've gotten power, and I
>> am not admin, and everything's just fine.
>>
>> Either way Glotmorf has no power now.
>
> That rule 2 problem was a misconception. The Glotmorf rules! rule explicitly
> indicates that it refers to a player. r25 does not.

It didn't explicitly indicate that it did originally. And Glotmorf couldn't
have changed it to explicitly do it now if it wasn't legal then, because e
didn't have the power.

So, the possible gamestates:
 1.
The Society rule empowered societies to change the rules
True: goto 2
False: goto 3

2. Rule 2 prevented __Glotmorf Rules!__ from giving Glotmorf power
True: goto 4
False: goto 5

3. Rule 2 prevented Orc from being the Administrator.
True: goto 6
False: goto 7

4. __The Game is Mine!__, which was created by Wonko and explictly avoided
r2's traps, gave Wonko power. Wonko fixed the gamestate.
Goto 6

5. Orc successfully became Administrator. The CFI's e recognized fixed the
gamestate.
Goto 7

6. None of this craziness ever happened. The Gamestate reflects this.
END

7. Same as before, but now Orc is the Admin. The Gamestate reflects this.
END

--
Wonko