Glotmorf on 23 Nov 2002 11:03:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] damn usurpers

On 11/23/02 at 1:14 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Whoever it was that wanted to take my name, well, you're bloody welcome to
>it. Email me privately and I'll give you the password to the B Nomic
>Administrative Interface.
>
>(Seriously, I'm bloody confused as to the gamestate now, especially given
>the questionable legality of certain recent actions. I'll try to issue a
>Recognizer over the next few hours, but it may well be a work of fiction.)

Hey, you know I love fiction.

For what it's worth...

1. This has been an exhilirating ride, and if my sled were to hit a tree right now I wouldn't object overmuch.

2. My primary objective in all of this -- to demonstrate that, yes, that *was* a loophole that could be exploited (sometimes saying "I told you so" *is* enough), and the imagination of all the expressions passing over particular people's faces -- has been accomplished; anything after this point is largely gravy.

3. I would rather fancy that the win and the titles get awarded, if perhaps as souveniers of a fun day at the fair.

4. I honestly don't have the time or the energy these days to rule the game; the Overlord rule I posted was something I thought of downgrading myself to.  bd is correct: it leaves the current system intact.  That's not a bug; it's a feature.  It's not meant to do away with the proposal/vote system, but merely to make things a little more dynamic.  Think in terms of a constitutional monarchy rather than a despotism.

5. While I believe the course of actions followed by bd, the Baron and myself were in the rules, much of the rest of it was the spiraling out of control of emotions and arguments following the possibility being raised that the Baron wasn't a valid judge.  The resulting deluge of email appears to have been a shouting contest to see who could yell the loudest.  Seeing as how I hate yelling (not to mention reading 50 messages' worth of it), and hate being driven to feel that yelling is necessary, perhaps we can set up some sort of queued argument system, where everyone has a chance to say something once before others try to turn it up a notch.

6. I would like to reiterate my case, as proposed a few nweeks ago, for the clock stopping at the end of an nday until a Recognizer is posted.  Reading these arguments alone is eating into whatever time I might otherwise spend making proposals.  And that's not counting Dave.

So.  I've got...heh...a debate meet to attend today, so I won't be seeing any fallout from all this before late tonight.  Assuming I have the authority CFI 1205 seems to convey, I'd like to stop the clock until I read the Recognizer and know what position I'm in.  If it turns out for whatever reason that I don't have said authority...I guess it won't be an issue, then.

By the way, people, you can only have one defendent per CFI.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower