Glotmorf on 22 Nov 2002 03:28:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] This Foolishness Must End!

On 11/21/02 at 8:30 PM Wonko wrote:

>No, all the CFI decided was that Glotmorf's actions were legal at the time.
>It doesn't mean that they'd be legal now - the ruleset has changed since
>then. Likewise, one of the game's first CFI's declared the creation of
>points legal; that doesn't mean that it's still legal, because it's been
>fixed since then.

That's an interesting point.  Because if the CFI says that my actions were legal when I performed them, then the other action I performed -- the removal of the loophole line from the Orc version of the society rule -- was also legal, and therefore happened.  Which means the actions you made after mine which were based on the loophole didn't happen.

Further, since both M-Tek creating the rule and my setting its chutzpah to 1000 were legal, that sets precedent for the rule overriding Rule 2, since it was interpreted that Rule 2 didn't stop the chutzpah setting.  And since neither Rule 2 nor Rule 33 has changed since then (and Glotmorf Rules has the chutzpah), Rule 2 can't stop me from making changes now.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower