Wonko on 22 Nov 2002 01:53:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Survey Time!

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> Survey Time!  My Races prop may have a big impact in the game in the future.
> It also can be changed a lot based on what everyone wants.  I'm putting
> out this survey to figure out what to change in it.  For reference, the prop
> is at http://comp.uark.edu/~jas29/nomic/racesprop.htm , if you don't want to
> sort through email.  Feel free to add comments or expand on answers.
>
> The best way to answer would probably be to reply, and delete all the
> answers but the ones you choose.
>
> 1. This prop has 10 races.  What do you think of this amount?
> b. A lot, but it's not really a problem

Insect could go, couldn't it?

> 2. About the race selection, and the _ONE_ you want:
> f. I don't care.
>
> 3. About the races in general:

Faeries ought to be faster, I would think. And I think Elves should be
generally much better than all the others, and then have some race-specific
drawback (like, say, they have to hang out near Trees or they slowly lose
points. That would make things more interesting.)

> 4. The prop restricts whether you can be M/F only, Drone only, or any, based
> on your race.  What do you think of this?
> b. But what about a drone insect?  It could happen!  Change it!
>
> 5. The prop creates 4 new attributes.  What do you think of this amount?
> c. Seems a bit much, but it's ok.
>
> 6. What do you think of the names and selection of the attributes?
> c. It'll work (for now).

Blobs will have a tremendous PGGB advantage, won't they? What with 16 times
a faery's Tolerance... Not that I've got anything against Glotmorf getting
drunk out of eir whatever-body-part-passes-for-a-skull-in-blobs, but I do
have a problem with em getting paid more than I do to do it.

> 7. The prop allows for the possibility  of future events and items to modify
> the new attributes (Like Speed Boots, +1 SPD).  What do you think of this?
> d. I like it.

"Speed Boots" is a pretty boring name, though.

> 8. Is the prop buggy?
> a. Yes, it'll mess up the game.

You haven't put in a method for people to change eir race. And if your
mining proposal passes that creates 'fossils' and gives them each a Race,
this will cause problems.

> 9. How do you plan to vote on this proposal?
> h. Haven't really made up my mind

We'll see.

--
Wonko