Orc In A Spacesuit on 22 Nov 2002 01:26:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Survey Time!

Survey Time! My Races prop may have a big impact in the game in the future. It also can be changed a lot based on what everyone wants. I'm putting out this survey to figure out what to change in it. For reference, the prop is at http://comp.uark.edu/~jas29/nomic/racesprop.htm , if you don't want to sort through email. Feel free to add comments or expand on answers.

The best way to answer would probably be to reply, and delete all the answers but the ones you choose.

1. This prop has 10 races.  What do you think of this amount?
a. Way too much
b. A lot, but it's not really a problem
c. Perfect
d. It could use a few more
e. I don't care

2. About the race selection, and the _ONE_ you want:
a. The one I want isn't there!
b. I don't like the stats for the one I want!  Fix them now!
c. I don't like the stats for the one I want, but I don't think they are broken. Maybe I'll make a special bonus for that race later.
d. I don't like any of them enough to pick any.
e. I think the stats for the one I want are good.
f. I don't care.

3. About the races in general:
a. They way unbalanced/unfair!
b. Nothing broken, but some races suck (other than the Droid, which will get bonuses elsewhere in the future).
c. They seem good enough, might need some balancing in the future.
d. I don't care.

4. The prop restricts whether you can be M/F only, Drone only, or any, based on your race. What do you think of this?
a. Don't restrict people at all.
b. But what about a <<gender>> <<race>>?  It could happen!  Change it!
c. I like it.
d. I don't care.

5. The prop creates 4 new attributes.  What do you think of this amount?
a. Dude, the whole system sucks, it's too complicated.
b. Maybe reduce one.
c. Seems a bit much, but it's ok.
d. Perfect (at least for now)
e. But what about <<insert new attribute(s) here>>? The could do <<something or other>>, and should be in the prop!
f. I don't care.

6. What do you think of the names and selection of the attributes?
a. The names are crap and you picked the wrong stuff.
b. I'd rather have <<X>> for <<Y>>.
c. It'll work (for now).
e. I don't care.

7. The prop allows for the possibility of future events and items to modify the new attributes (Like Speed Boots, +1 SPD). What do you think of this?
a. Too complicated.  Throw it out.
b. I don't like that.
c. I think that could become unbalanced too easily.
d. I like it.
e. I don't care.

8. Is the prop buggy?
a. Yes, it'll mess up the game.
b. Yes, but it's only minor, and can be fixed without problem.
c. Just spelling/grammar
d. No
e. I don't know.
f. I don't care.

9. How do you plan to vote on this proposal?
a. NO, because I don't like the idea.
b. NO, because I don't want Orc to get points.
c. SHELVE
d. ABSTAIN
e. YES, ONLY if the changes I want take place; otherwise SHELVE/NO
f. YES, although I would like my changes implemented
g. YES, this prop is perfect
h. Haven't really made up my mind

Respectfully,
Orc In A Spacesuit
(proving that things can go on as normal, despite the chaos. Oh, wait, the chaos is normal.)