Glotmorf on 22 Nov 2002 00:50:05 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] This Foolishness Must End!

On 11/21/02 at 6:04 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>All right.  The way I see it, if Glotmorf's society could change a rule
>(which I don't think it could), then mine can certainly change rules.
>
>[[By the way, /very/ nice save with the rescused judge thing, Wonko.]]
>
>So, just in case it actually gets decided that Glotmorf's society could
>indeed do that, I'm gonna patch things up right now.
>
>In the event I am unable to do any of the following, OrcTech does it
>instead:
>
>OrcTech creates the following rule:
>{{__This Foolishness Must End!__
>
>The player named Orc In A Spacesuit may make any change to the gamestate e
>wishes to, except as prohibited by __Glotmorf Rules!__.
>
>The player named Orc In A Spacesuit may make any rule change e wishes to,
>except as prohibitied by __Glotmorf Rules!__.
>
>This rule supercedes all rules, except __Glotmorf Rules!__, which this
>rule
>defers to.
>
>[[The reason for the exceptions is that rules can not be /added/ that
>would
>conflict with __Glotmorf Rules!__.  So I'm making this rule not conflict,
>for now.]]
>}}
>
>Then, by the athority of that rule, I change __This Foolishness Must
>End!__
>to the following:
>{{__This Foolishness Must End!__
>The player named Orc In A Spacesuit may make any change to the gamestate e
>wishes to.
>The player named Orc In A Spacesuit may make any rule change e wishes to.
>This rule supercedes all rules.
>}}
>
>I deactivate __Glotmorf Rules!__.
>I repeal __Glotmorf Rules!__.
>[[I consider all sorts of punishments for those involved in bribery, like
>Cursing, point deduction, titles of infamy, etc., but decide both that the
>Disrespect props are enough, and any other punishment should go through
>the
>voting cycle.]]
>I give myself the title "Hand of Justice"
>I give myself a carryable, nonthrowable, non droppable grid object named
>"Spacesuit".  [[I wanna get something out of this, but don't want any
>unfair
>advantages.]]
>I implement the changes in the proposal __Let's get them working right__
>[[To fix the loophole once and for all]].
>I remove that proposal from the ballot [[gaining 0 points]], and give
>myself
>1 Bandwidth [[so I can do something more worthwhile than fixing errors]].
>I repeal __This Foolishness Must End!__
>The foolishness has now ended.

Yeah, well, you see, my rule creation was in effect courtesy of the loophole in your version of the society rule.  Now that Wonko's version is in effect, the loophole isn't there...

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower