bd on 21 Nov 2002 22:40:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Change to Glotmorf Rules!

On Thursday 21 November 2002 05:36 pm, Wonko wrote:
> Quoth bd,
>
> > What?
>
> Rule two says, and I quote:
> "Any similarity between the string of characters that constitute the name
> of a Player and a string of characters in the text of a Proposal, Rule, or
> Judgment shall have no impact on the implementation of that Proposal, Rule,
> or Judgment, unless the language of the Proposal, Rule, or Judgment
> specifically indicates the string of characters is referring to a Player of
> that name. [[For example, "the player JohnDoe" or "the player named
> JohnDoe."]]"
>
> So the fact that a rule contains the string 'Glotmorf' doesn't mean it's
> referring to the player called Glotmorf unless it specifically says "the
> player Glotmorf". Likewise, the fact that a CFI contains the string
> 'Glotmorf' doesn't mean it pertains to the player known as Glotmorf unless
> it specifies that it does.
>
> So nice try, but no. All you've done is create a rule that's really hard to
> repeal.

It said "the player who entered the game as Glotmorf". And "players who were
named bd and Baron von Skippy when the appeal of CFI 1205 was ruled upon".

Thus it works. Plus, it takes precedence over r2.

--
bd
I don't want to bore you, but there's nobody else around for me to bore.