Orc In A Spacesuit on 18 Nov 2002 21:29:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: NWEEK 26 BALLOT

From: Adam Hill <adamahill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-- Orc in a Spacesuit said:
>> >Proposal 1189/1: Society fixes (Orc In a Spacesuit)
>>No.
>
>May I ask why?  While part of it admittedly doesn't do much, part of it
>/does/ let Greg have his society back.

For two reasons: I envision the provision that "the Secret Mookies performs any actions the High Mookie states it does" creating all sorts of problems relating to attempted creation of Rules and such.

But that's how socities work now.
A) The Charters do not have the force of rule.
B) The Societies rule says (and still will no matter what other proposals pass) that societies perform actions, _when legal_, when eir Charters say they do.

Beyond that, I simply enjoy the WBE positions.

Then vote NO for that part. I mean no offence, but you are aware of how a la carte props work, right? You can vote for individual parts.

>> >Proposal 1201/0: No Price Control (Orc In a Spacesuit)
>>Shelve.
>
>Ok. What do you want changed? Or do you want to do something else first,
>before it passes (it it does at all)?

I would first like to see what happens with Prop. 1198, since it deals with the same section. I would gladly vote Yes on Prop. 1201 on the next ballot, but I feel that on this ballot it would undercut Prop. 1198.

Ok. I don't see why this is a problem, as prop 1198 would happen first, just cutting out irrelevant parts, then prop 1201 would simply cut out the last bit. If prop 1198 does not pass, 1201 would cut out the same in total. But if you want to wait, fine by me.

Respectfully,
Orc In A Spacesuit