Wonko on 14 Nov 2002 22:21:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal change

Quoth bd,

>>> Email 3:
>>>
>>> I replace my last proposal with $realproposal.
>>
>> This makes a proposal with bandwidth dependent on $realproposal.
>>
>> And this accomplished what, exactly?
>
> Email 1 uses 1 bandwith. Email 2 brings it below zero, and you prop berings
> that to zero. Then we go down to a reasonable value, and an overall profit is
> made.

>From the prop:

"If a change to a proposal results in a proposal that would require more
bandwidth than before the change, the proposing entity's bandwidth is
further decreased to compensate for it; if this would take the proposing
entity's bandwidth below zero, the change is not made."

The part about the change not being made means that you can't alter your
proposal to suddenly affect 5000 rules unless you have the bandwidth to
support such a proposal. Which you never will.

--
Wonko