Glotmorf on 13 Nov 2002 18:46:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] M-Tek announcement

On 11/13/02 at 1:36 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>> >initiated/
>>the

>> >Hmm.  Try:
>> >"...to the gods of bandwidth exchange, I give X bandwidth to M-Tek at
>the
>> >beginning of each nweek."
>>
>>There are two potential problems with this, as with the suggestion for
>>Iain.
>>
>>One is that this may qualify as a pseudocode action, thus justifying a
>kick
>>in the ass for each actor.
>>
>>The other is that this has to be remembered by the Administrator each
>>nweek.  If he doesn't remember it, that means I do, and have to remind
>him
>>of it.  That's more work than I want to do.  I would prefer the regular
>>transfer be part of an official document, such as was formerly the case
>for
>>M-Tek.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>
>-What if you didn't let anyone who didn't make such a promise into M-Tek
>and
>Dave stuck it on the roster somewhere (maybe under the last column he
>could
>add "M-tek Bandwidth Slave" to our stuff), so that he remember it,
>everyone
>has it, so there aren't different offers to keep track of, and it's all
>good?-

Actually, I've most recently been thinking of adding a note in the M-Tek charter referencing such promises and the dates they hit the forum, and empowering the Administrator to remove these notes from the charter when the promises get revoked.

The question now is, given the existing ruleset and his time available to devote to the game, will Dave be willing to recognize good-until-cancelled promises?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower