Baron von Skippy on 11 Nov 2002 21:24:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 25 RESULTS

Proposal 1151/1 (The Weirdest Speeder Upgrade You'll Ever See)
                (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Athena, Baron von Skippy, bd, Orc In a Spacesuit, Streamxsonic
NEG: Lord Gregarian
ABS: Wild Card
SHL: Glotmorf, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-1-1-2). Measure passes. Baron von Skippy gains 6 points.
Created 1183/0.
-Note to self: Hide off-the-wall proposals in HHGTTG text...-

My thoughts exactly. Or just make It completly absurd, which seems to be similar.

-But not written by Douglas Adams. Same general "what the hell was this guy smoking" effect.-

Proposal 1172/0 (I shall call him... "Mini-Me.") (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, bd
NEG: Athena, Glotmorf, Orc In a Spacesuit, Streamxsonic, Wonko
ABS: Wild Card
SHL: Lord Gregarian
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (2-5-1-1). Measure fails. Baron von Skippy loses 4 points.
-Besides a general "it was stupid," what didn't people like? I mean, I know it was stupid. Most of this game is. That's why I play it...-

My objection was not that it was stupid, but that it was not clear and unambiguous.
-You sure it wasn't stupid?-
I personally understand how it is supposed to work, but the rules have to be clear. However, with the kind of overhead the rule produces, I feel it may be better to do this the same way we do Hands -- someone gets an idea, and proposes it so that the players may vote. And that's the cue for everyone to send their ideas to spoon-discuss. Personally I think that player gremlins aught to be allowed for gone players too, in addition to hands. Oh, and one more problem: Most of the active players are characterized by either coming up with original things (eg. Voice, BvS; which can't be easily simulated) and/or finding ways to exploit the game, which would require a self-aware ruleset. While I personally would love to see a self-aware ruleset, I find it rather unlikely.
-So connect the Gremlins to what they came up with: mine, for example, could distribute Gnomes. Voice's, mayherestinpeace, could be paid to wreak havoc with the weather.-

Orc In A Spacesuit