Glotmorf on 10 Nov 2002 23:30:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Responses

On 11/10/02 at 3:06 PM Wonko wrote:

>> The bitching thing is, I really meant to vote this nweek.  Musta forgot
>in all
>> the SOE furor.
>>
>> You got off lucky this time, Wonko. :)
>
>If by this you mean that you wanted to vote me off the island, you couldn't
>have done that anyway, because I got booted when I went On Leave last
>nweek.

Ah well...we can both sit back and laugh at the rest of them, then.

>> Do not attempt to purchase services from WBE.  While we are able to
>accept
>> your money, we are unable to provide service.
>
>Can't you anyway? As societies seem to be empowered to do whatever they
>want?

No...The problem is that societies can't at the moment possess units, and the upgrade rule is contingent on having enough units.  That takes priority now since it's higher-numbered.

Gawd, that change was big...The image of my mind is of a rug being pulled out from under the Empire State Building.

>> As this doesn't specify what ARE the only actions that societies may
>take, I
>> take this in conjunction with Rule 15 to mean societies can take any
>action
>> they wish.  Said actions are not limited to those in a society's charter,
>> since the above statement is in subsection C of r578, which takes
>precedence
>> over subsection B.
>
>I assume you meant to say, "in conjunction with Rule *18*", as r15 has, as
>far as I can tell, absolutely nothing to do with this.

Yeah, whichever the Permissibility of the Unprohibited rule is.  Guess I was giddy from the moment. You know how that feels, I'm sure.

>> {{ _Glotmorf Rules!_
>> }}
>
>You could be nice, you know, and use this new power to fix the loophole
>before other societies start chucking wads of power around and another
>emergency emerges...
>
>Nice takeover, though.

A good idea.  I can delete that line from r578, just like I told Orc it needed doing.  I can also enable units so WBE can get working, and dues so M-Tek can continue as it always has.

Then I can sit back and bask in the glow.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower