Wonko on 31 Oct 2002 03:23:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] refresh 2

Quoth Glotmorf,

> --- Orc In A Spacesuit <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> - The Power of Zero -
>> Change Rule 0's Chutzpah to 20.
>
> Maybe we shouldn't be worrying about Rule 0's
> chutzpah, since Rule 0 only takes effect when there's
> an SOE.  Instead, how about we modify the Chutzpah
> rule to say that Rule 0 is exempt and always takes
> priority?

I kind of like the situation INH has going for it - a Charter that governs
the way the Ordinances govern everyone else, and then the rules themselves a
level removed from this...

What if r10 were modified to say something like, "All players must obey all
rules in effect, unless a State of Emergency has been declared, in which
case only r0 has an effect?"

>> - Flatten the Grid headache -
>
> This does away with various things necessary for the
> mining rule to work.  I know the mining rule is turned
> off right now, but to take away the 3-D provisions
> will make turning it back on more work than it has to
> be.
>
> Since the 3-D stuff isn't in any way an emergency, why
> not leave it alone for now and work on the mining prop
> over time?  It's not like anything can dig holes at
> the moment.

Although we can raise squares, can't we? And there are still some things,
like all those references to 'squares' which now refer to a theoretically
infinite supply of locations, that don't work. Do you really want to make
the Admin roll a die with an infinite number of sides every time e has to
pick a random Grid Square?

--
Wonko