Glotmorf on 27 Oct 2002 04:29:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] PROP: Lottery

On 10/27/02 at 12:09 AM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> On 10/26/02 at 10:56 PM Wonko wrote:
>>
>>> Quoth bd,

>unique
>>> secret by

>>> on a
>select
>>> 5
>>> Pick.
>>> and 20
>from
>>> them
>>> order.
>>> it. A

>they

>>> attribute, then
>>> player
>>> half
>>> in
>>> the
>>> attributes
>>>
>>> I believe there's an easier way to do this.
>>>
>>> It looks like this:
>>>

>>> Hey everyone, enter into the Ex-Wealthy Bastard Lottery! Here's how it
>>> works:
>>>
>>> Any player can give me 6 points. I'll keep track of how many points I've
>>> recieved total, plus how many 6-point increments each player's given
>me. At
>>> the end of next nweek, I'll randomly pick one of the 6-point increments
>>> I've
>>> recieved, and give 2/3 of the total profits to the player who gave me
>those
>>> 6 points!
>>>
>>> Think about it, folks! For just 6 points, YOU could take a lot of
>people's
>>> money! For twelve, you're TWICE as likely to do
>>>

>>> And to think, I just set up the entire thing on Spoon-Discuss, without
>any
>>> changes to the ruleset. And the best part is that it doesn't even add to
>>> the
>>> Administrative workload - Dave doesn't need to even be aware of this!
>>
>> Except it's not binding, so after people give you their points you don't
>have
>> to do a damn thing.  Make it an offer, on the other hand...
>
>I don't have to do a damn thing, but I will follow through with this. If I
>don't, then all you people who contribute can propose to take the points
>from me. And I'd never be able to do anything like this ever again.
>
>In the long run, I have nothing to gain by cheating everyone; in fact, I'd
>end up worse off, because nobody would ever trust anything I did.

True.  Well, in that case, I might as well join you...

Introducing GLOTTO 25!  Here's your chance to cash in big on the latest craze sweeping the grid!  All you need do is buy Chances to Win at the LOW LOW price of only ONE POINT PER CHANCE!  The more Chances you buy, THE MORE CHANCE YOU HAVE!

At the end of the nweek, all the Chances that have been bought will be put on the Big Wheel and spun!  The one with a Chance at where the wheel stops will be the BIG WINNER of 2/3 of the take!  Minimum prize: 5 POINTS!!!

[[ In other words, the chances you buy give you a range of numbers -- 1 to 5, 6 to 20, what have you.  I then roll a <# of chances>-sided die and award the points. ]]

So come on in for your chance to WIN BIG with GLOTTO 25!

						Glotmorf