Wonko on 27 Oct 2002 04:10:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] PROP: Lottery

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 10/26/02 at 10:56 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Quoth bd,
>>
>>> I Propose the following Rule, with Chutzpah 1 and the keyword Points:
>>> {{
>>> __The lottery__
>>>
>>> At the beginning of each nweek, the Admin will select five random unique
>>> numbers from 1 to 20. These are sorted in ascending order and kept
>> secret by
>>> the Administrator. Collectively they are known as the Winning Numbers.
>>>
>>> There exists a pool of points known as the Lottery Pool.
>>>
>>> A player may Buy a Lottery Ticket by indicating thay they are doing so
>> on a
>>> public forum. They must have at least 20 points. They must either select
>> 5
>>> unique numbers from 1 to 20 or indicate that they will be using Quick
>> Pick.
>>> If they are using quick pick, 5 random unique random numbers between 1
>> and 20
>>> are selected for them.  When this happens 20 points are transferred from
>> them
>>> to the Lottery Pool, and their 5 numbers will be sorted in ascending
>> order.
>>> The player then gains an attribute named Ticket with their 5 numbers in
>> it. A
>>> player may have more than one Ticket attribute.
>>>
>>> At the end of each nweek, if only one player has a Ticket attribute, they
>>> receive all points in the Lottery Pool, and their Ticket Attributes are
>>> removed.
>>>
>>> At the end of each nweek, if more than one player has a Ticket
>> attribute, then
>>> each ticket has its numbers compared against the Winning Numbers. The
>> player
>>> with the ticket sharing the most numbers with the Winning Numbers gains
>> half
>>> the points in the Lottery Pool. If there is a tie, then half the points
>> in
>>> the Lottery Pool are divided between them. One quarter of the points in
>> the
>>> Lottery Pool is then transferred ot the Gremlin Fund, all Ticket
>> attributes
>>> are removed, and the Admin announces what the Winning Numbers were.
>>> }}
>>
>> I believe there's an easier way to do this.
>>
>> It looks like this:
>>

>> Hey everyone, enter into the Ex-Wealthy Bastard Lottery! Here's how it
>> works:
>>
>> Any player can give me 6 points. I'll keep track of how many points I've
>> recieved total, plus how many 6-point increments each player's given me. At
>> the end of next nweek, I'll randomly pick one of the 6-point increments
>> I've
>> recieved, and give 2/3 of the total profits to the player who gave me those
>> 6 points!
>>
>> Think about it, folks! For just 6 points, YOU could take a lot of people's
> [...]

I don't have to do a damn thing, but I will follow through with this. If I
don't, then all you people who contribute can propose to take the points
from me. And I'd never be able to do anything like this ever again.

In the long run, I have nothing to gain by cheating everyone; in fact, I'd
end up worse off, because nobody would ever trust anything I did.

--
Wonko