Glotmorf on 26 Oct 2002 21:12:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] "Fix" fix...er, fix

On 10/26/02 at 4:04 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To the end of the proposal entitled "If It Ain't Broke, Don't...Oh, Never
>>Mind", add the following:
>>
>>Part 8:
>>
>>In Rule 578, after the paragraph that ends with "Players may transfer a
>>positive amount of eir Bandwidth to any Society that is not a
>>Corporation.", add the following paragraph:
>>
>>A Society may charge nweekly Dues from its members in the form of Points,
>>BNS, units and/or Bandwidth to be transferred to the Society.  The amount
>>of the Dues shall be the same for all members.  Dues are automatically
>>transferred from members to the Society at the beginning of each nweek.
>>
>>[[ This at least leaves M-Tek more or less operational. ]]
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>
>But then you would have the Societies forcing people to do stuff all over
>again.  And if someone ruled a society, they could charge the charter to
>require huge amounts, a la Wonko's Slaves.  So you would then need to have
>bunch of funky rules allowing people to have a choice yet still allow
>events
>to happen.  I'm voting a definite no.
>
>Orc In A Spacesuit
>is against sucking the blood out of defenseless players.

This is dependent upon your proposal passing. Your proposal says changes don't apply until the following nweek.  That gives players the chance to leave before the changes take effect.  So no one can sneak up on any "defenseless players" with a Dues requirement.  And with my On Leave change that you dismissed, no one can sneak up on any On Leave players either.

						Glotmorf