Glotmorf on 26 Oct 2002 02:12:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Friday evening)

On 10/25/02 at 8:10 PM David E. Smith wrote:

>"Insert Name Here" is created (charter #1161). No changes to its
>Ordinances occur, though, under Rule 1144. (My reading is that the
>Ordinances, in this context, is another word for "parts of the Charter"
>and thus can't be changed.) If Wonko could send me a list of the members
>(since I'm not sure who has done whatever one has to do to be a member of
>INH) that'd be swell.

I still can't believe Rule 1144 got passed.  But in this case it doesn't apply.  INH's charter says ordinances are "private rules", which, according to Rule 578.B, are the responsibility of the society's membership to maintain, possibly regulated by the charter.  R578.C says the charter contains a society's public rules, as opposed to its private ones.  So INH and its members can change its ordinances as much as it wants.

						Glotmorf