Glotmorf on 26 Oct 2002 00:21:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Heaven

On 10/25/02 at 6:08 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>
>>I propose:
>>{{
>>
>>Create the following rule:
>>{{
>>__Valhalla__
>>
>>A. There exists an environment known as Valhalla. Valhalla consists of an
>>infinite number of Planes. Each Plane is numbered with an integer 1 or
>>greater. Each Plane consists of a Grid 20 squares by 20 squares. Each
>>square is designated V(x,y,p), where x and y are the x and y coordinates
>>of the square in the Plane, ranging from 1 to 20, and p is the Plane
>>number.
>
>These new Grid squares in Valhalla would be very confusing with Grid
>Squares
>on the Grid.  It should be Locations, not Grid squares.  Squares are (or
>will be soon) nicknames for Locations on the Grid.
>Also, infinite planes would be quite difficult to keep track of.

Why will squares be nicknames for locations?  At the moment, squares are units of three-dimensional space, whereas locations are units of two-dimensional space.  Or are you looking to re-flatten the grid?

>>B. Each Society may own one Plane by claiming it in a public Forum.
>>Players may own squares in Valhalla by buying them from a society.
>>}}
>
>I'm sure we would have a few people set up a society that would, one by
>one,
>buy a million planes and sell them to em for free.

Scuse me...it says each society may own one plane, not a million.

>Plus, if my societies prop does not pass, how does a society claim
>something?  Or what happens if the society doesn't have a pool of points?

A society is an entity.  It can claim something if its charter says that's a valid action for it, in combination with this rule.

						Glotmorf