Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Oct 2002 00:12:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Heaven

From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> >From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>

> >an
> >coordinates
> > >
> > > These new Grid squares in Valhalla would be very confusing with Grid
> >Squares
> > > on the Grid. It should be Locations, not Grid squares. Squares are (or
> > > will be soon) nicknames for Locations on the Grid.
> > > Also, infinite planes would be quite difficult to keep track of.
> >
> >The planes are not infinite. There is just an infinite number of them.
> >Each individual plane is finite.
>
> That's what I meant; an infinite number of planes would be difficult to keep
> track of.

Well, at any given point, there is a highest numbered Plane being used, so
the higher ones don't need to be considered until someone uses them.

Yes, but still, we don't need to deal with that possibility. This will still result in people creating societies just for planes.

> > > I'm sure we would have a few people set up a society that would, one by
> >one,
> > > buy a million planes and sell them to em for free.
> > > Plus, if my societies prop does not pass, how does a society claim
> > > something?  Or what happens if the society doesn't have a pool of
> >points?
> > >

> >Each Society may own ONE Plane. Not a million. These hypotheuintical
> >players would have to set up a million societies to do that.

Oh, my bad. I misread it. But still, people will only buy 400 planes from eir own society, and more and as they get more societies each nweek.

> And don't forget, this would cause all sorts of rules bugs.

Name some. Other than the "bugs" you just named.

Pretty much how different rules concering 'squares', 'grid squares', 'locations', and 'grid locations are all worded differently. This could have effects on thwrowing, airspeeders, and football, to name a few; some rules would lose eir effect off the non-valhalla grid, causing all sorts of craziness. I'm sure Wonko will have a field day if this passes.

Orc In A Spacesuit