Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook on 25 Oct 2002 23:35:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Heaven

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> >From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>

> >an
> >coordinates
> > >
> > > These new Grid squares in Valhalla would be very confusing with Grid
> >Squares
> > > on the Grid.  It should be Locations, not Grid squares.  Squares are (or
> > > will be soon) nicknames for Locations on the Grid.
> > > Also, infinite planes would be quite difficult to keep track of.
> >
> >The planes are not infinite. There is just an infinite number of them.
> >Each individual plane is finite.
>
> That's what I meant; an infinite number of planes would be difficult to keep
> track of.

Well, at any given point, there is a highest numbered Plane being used, so
the higher ones don't need to be considered until someone uses them.

> > > I'm sure we would have a few people set up a society that would, one by
> >one,
> > > buy a million planes and sell them to em for free.
> > > Plus, if my societies prop does not pass, how does a society claim
> > > something?  Or what happens if the society doesn't have a pool of
> >points?
> > >

> >Each Society may own ONE Plane. Not a million. These hypotheuintical
> >players would have to set up a million societies to do that.
>
> 1. The society now owns zero planes.
> 2. A society buys one plane.
> 3. The society sells the one plane to somebody exploiting this.
> 4. Go to step 1.  Repeat a million times.

Read the proposal carefully. Step 3 is illegal. A society cannot sell a
plane, only SQUARES in the plane. It still owns the plane, even after
selling all 400, so it can't buy another one.

> >And nowhere does it say the society has to sell it for points- the
> >society can sell it for whatever it wants.
>
> And how is 'what it wants' defined, unless my societies prop passes?

In the society's charter, it would specify how it sells squares and what
it sells them for.

> And don't forget, this would cause all sorts of rules bugs.

Name some. Other than the "bugs" you just named.

Athena

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
	"All our belief systems, religions, and governments are the result
of a series of mistakes that turned out to be better at making copies of
themselves after all."
	-Richard Brodie
	http://www.memecentral.com/Level3.htm

	"We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn
grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids. A culture is
a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view
chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it.
The ORDER is in the GRID."
	-The Principia Discordia
	Jeremy Cook
	The Goddess Athena