Orc In A Spacesuit on 25 Oct 2002 23:27:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Heaven

From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>
> >I propose:
> >{{
> >
> >Create the following rule:
> >{{
> >__Valhalla__
> >
> >A. There exists an environment known as Valhalla. Valhalla consists of an
> >infinite number of Planes. Each Plane is numbered with an integer 1 or
> >greater. Each Plane consists of a Grid 20 squares by 20 squares. Each
> >square is designated V(x,y,p), where x and y are the x and y coordinates
> >of the square in the Plane, ranging from 1 to 20, and p is the Plane
> >number.
>
> These new Grid squares in Valhalla would be very confusing with Grid Squares
> on the Grid.  It should be Locations, not Grid squares.  Squares are (or
> will be soon) nicknames for Locations on the Grid.
> Also, infinite planes would be quite difficult to keep track of.

The planes are not infinite. There is just an infinite number of them.
Each individual plane is finite.

That's what I meant; an infinite number of planes would be difficult to keep track of.

> >B. Each Society may own one Plane by claiming it in a public Forum.
> >Players may own squares in Valhalla by buying them from a society.
> >}}
>
> I'm sure we would have a few people set up a society that would, one by one,
> buy a million planes and sell them to em for free.
> Plus, if my societies prop does not pass, how does a society claim
> something? Or what happens if the society doesn't have a pool of points?

Each Society may own ONE Plane. Not a million. These hypotheuintical
players would have to set up a million societies to do that.

1. The society now owns zero planes.
2. A society buys one plane.
3. The society sells the one plane to somebody exploiting this.
4. Go to step 1.  Repeat a million times.

And nowhere does it say the society has to sell it for points- the
society can sell it for whatever it wants.

And how is 'what it wants' defined, unless my societies prop passes?

And don't forget, this would cause all sorts of rules bugs.