Orc In A Spacesuit on 23 Oct 2002 23:33:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] today's OFFICIAL SCARY THOUGHT

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> >I'm reading over the uber-prop and it makes sense.
>
> Orc In A Spacesuit
> is in shock.

Heh.

Obviously, before things get finalized, you'll need to bring everything
up-to-date: the first, and most glaring, thing I noticed was that the uber
prop still has Entropy syllable limits.

Heh. Yeah, there's lots of stuff like that. That's part of the reason I keep making passes throught the whole thing, bringing stuff up to date. The other part of the reason, if anyone cares, is I keep thinking of ways to make it better, and I have to go through it all again to make sure everything is ok with the changes.

And it'll lead to someone raking in the points on an nweekly basis,
converting all the new rules for a given nweek into uber-compliant form.

When I finally propose it, I'll make provisions so other props on the ballot that nweek don't cause havoc with the way they are written. As for the future, putting props in uber-compliant form should be simple wording changes.

But overall, I'm growing somewhat fond of the idea. (Not at all fond of
the idea of implementing it, performing each of the appx. 38992534 rules
changes/updates/revisions/repeals that will be required, but that's more a
problem for the "A Rant." discussion. :)

I had considered writing up the entire ruleset as it would appear after the changes, both for easy reading and for you to use, but I realized that probably wouldn't work too well with your scripts and database. As for implementing the changes, I'll help if you want me to, and you tell me the details of your database system.