Orc In A Spacesuit on 20 Oct 2002 05:53:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Saturday night)

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> BvS' Hangover Of The Ages finally goes away, leaving em with "merely" a
> BAC of 16 or so.

If e has a BAC of 16, doesn't e vote randomly on 11 proposals? And this
overrides eir normal votes on whatever proposals are chosen...? Did you
acount for the fact that it's then highly likely e overrode all 2050 votes?

Except for the fact that JUST ONE random vote going for that prop would override ALL votes you made for that one.

-In the complete lack of precedent, how can you say that? I think Dave would have to randomize 2050 votes. Or perhaps a lucky die roll could screw up 11 OTHER votes, on another 11 of thirty or so props... The odds of my votes on that one getting screwed aren't that high.-

I believe it's the little part of rule 154 that says "If, at the end of a voting period, a Player is inebriated, e casts a random vote on (the player's BAC - 5) random ballot items. Said votes override other votes made on those ballot items in eir name."

This appears to overrule Jedi Mind Tricks too, by the way.

-I don't think we've ever done that, as it happens. However, given an imperfect random chance and that Dave is probably not about to randomize 2050 votes, I probably won anyway. Bugger off, Wonko.-

> Oh yeah, BvS won. (I haven't done the reset yet, in case someone comes up
> with grounds to challenge eir Win.)

Yeah, a rule forbids it 'cause I won already. Or there are no societies.
Take your pick.

-Bugger OFF, Wonko!-

Indeed.

-*sideways frown at Orc*-