Wonko on 20 Oct 2002 03:11:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 24 RESULTS

Quoth David E. Smith,

> Proposal 1063/0 (The Fish is Dead, Long Smell the Fish) (Glotmorf):
> AFF: bd, Glotmorf, Squire of Dimness, The Voice
> NEG: Athena, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit, Wonko
> ODD: Baron von Skippy
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-4-0-0). Measure fails. Glotmorf loses 2 points.
> Multivotes or Oddvotes counted (1). Adjust totals manually.
> This one is a bit tricky -- Baron von Skippy pointed out, correctly, that
> the current version of Rule 15 doesn't actually contain the "players may
> only vote once" provision. (Since that particular Less Is More was my
> fault...) Anyway, BvS cast 1050 YES votes and 1000 NO votes on this one.
> Thus, at the end of vote processing, under the "contrary votes = 1 pt."
> clause, BvS shall be awarded a Win.
>
> Oh yeah, that also means this measure passes, and Glotmorf scores 12
> points. :) (Repealed rule 939.)

BvS's winning is uncertain until we get the results of the CFI regarding my
"Everyone's a member" societies. I contend that they were legal, and
therefore I've already won and a rule is in effect which says, "players may
not win".

> Proposal 1066/0 (To Curse Once More) (Wonko):
> AFF: Baron von Skippy (12), bd, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit (5),
> Squire of Dimness (10), The Voice (1), Wonko
> NEG: Athena, Glotmorf
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-2-0-0). Measure passes.
> Created 15/4.
> Wonko gains 10 + 7 (Literary) = 17 pts.
> (The Haiku Bonus doesn't apply, sorry.)

Why doesn't the Haiku Bonus Apply?

> Proposal 1072/1 (Crime Doesn't Pay) (Wonko):
> AFF: Baron von Skippy, bd, Squire of Dimness, The Voice, Wonko
> NEG: Athena, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit
> SHL: Glotmorf
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-3-0-1). Measure passes. Wonko gains 16 points.
> Created 1135/0.
> Created 1136/0.
> Created 1137/0.
> [[ Hey, it's more rules that do NOTHING AT ALL since the Immunity Idol
> clause was forgotten once again. No Police Gremlins were created; continue
> to break the law with relative impunity. ]]

Damn, Damn, DAMN!

Why the hell to we have that bloody immunity Idol clause?!?

*rages furiously*

*pauses*

Actually, now that I look at the Immunity Idol rule, it looks like the
proposal itself has no effect. So all those rules were never created. That's
interesting... it means I have to repropose the bloody thing, but it also
means I got 16 points for nothing :)

> Proposal 1083/0 (Chads, Hanging and Otherwise) (The Voice):
> AFF: Athena, bd, The Voice
> NEG: Baron von Skippy, Glotmorf, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit,
> Squire of Dimness
> SHL: Wonko
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (3-5-0-1). Measure fails. Measure is shelved.
> Created P1138/0.

How does this get shelved? There were more Negative than Affirmative and
Shelve together?

> Proposal 1095/0 (Nweek 24 Insta-Prop) (House Grem):
> AFF: Athena, Glotmorf, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit
> NEG: Baron von Skippy, Squire of Dimness, The Voice, Wonko
> SHL: bd
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-4-0-1). Measure fails. Measure is shelved.
> Once again, the Gremlin votes make this one pass. House Grem scores 13 points.
> Yippee. The Insta-Minister shall attend to this.

No, they don't. "Players may vote. Other game entities may vote only if
explicitly permitted to do so by a rule which takes precedence over this
rule." - Rule 15

I believe that was added specifically because of Gremlin Voting. They most
definitely cannot vote. Do I really have to CFI this?

> Proposal 1123/0 (Bailing the Water, Not Fixing the Hull) (Orc In a Spacesuit):
> AFF: Baron von Skippy, bd, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit, Squire of
> Dimness, The Voice, Wonko
> NEG: Athena, Glotmorf
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-2-0-0). Measure passes. Orc In a Spacesuit gains 10
> points.
> Deactivated rules 946 and 1077.
> Repealed Rule 6. (There is no Rule 6.)
> Modified the Secret Mookies' charter. (Since there is no longer a player
> named 'Wonko May Not Vote,' this group no longer has a High mookie, and
> perhaps doesn't even exist any more. I'll wait for the inevitable CFI on
> this one, though...)
> Created 1144/0.
> Created 1145/0.

I could CFI that if you wanted... Also note that, if my interpretation that
initial members really are initial is ruled false, then this society never
existed in the first place anyway, as it got wiped for having no members as
soon as it was created...

> Proposal 1124/0 (When Nine Hundred Years Old You Reach...) (Wonko):
> AFF: Athena, Baron von Skippy, bd, Glotmorf, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a
> Spacesuit, Squire of Dimness, The Voice, Wonko
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (9-0-0-0). Measure passes. Wonko gains 14 points.
> Created 1146/0.
>
> Proposal 1125/0 (...Look As Good You Will Not) (Wonko):
> AFF: Athena, Baron von Skippy, bd, Squire of Dimness, Wonko
> NEG: Glotmorf, Lord Gregarian, Orc In a Spacesuit, The Voice
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-4-0-0). Measure passes. Wonko gains 10 points.
> Created 1147/0.
> [[ This rule, and the previous rule, don't do anything. Again, the
> Immunity Idol clause. ]]

Right, now I'm really pissed. Does anybody want to make some easy points by
repealing that stupid clause in the immunity idol?

Of course, this is 24 more free points for me... and a solution to my
problem coming up with good proposals...

Well, thanks for the bonus points, Voice [[Yes Voice, I do remember who
wrote the Immunity Idol]], but I'd rather have the Gremlins.

--
Wonko