Glotmorf on 12 Oct 2002 04:35:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] you want an emergency?

On 10/11/02 at 6:13 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>I still think that any Refresh proposal should include the utter
>>banishment of all societies, but that's just me. I'm still utterly
>>unconvinced as to their utility.
>>
>>...dave
>
>Too much for a refresh prop.  Plus, all the current Societies should be
>converted into much-more realistic and standardized Corporations, and
>Societies should be redefined so as to not to be the mutations they are
>now.

If they were standardized, they wouldn't need their own rules.  The whole point of societies is that they can have their own rules, inasmuch as said rules don't violate game rules.  Every society, therefore, is by definition a mutation.

*ahem* That's not a bug.  It's a feature. :)

						Glotmorf