Orc In A Spacesuit on 11 Oct 2002 15:16:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Orc's Replies 10-11-02

The Voice said:
Well, I'm pretty swamped with stuff right now, so I'm going to go On Leave as well. I give my proxy to Orc In A Spacesuit, and I direct em to keep thinking about ideas for Music. I liked your idea, Orc, but it seemed a tad too complicated for the context of this game (is that possible?)... perhaps something simpler? However, I would buy a game based on your idea in a heartbeat-- you should continue to develop that.

Orc replied:
Why, thank you Voice. I'll try to accurately represent your votes, and I'll work on Music some more. As for too complicated... I suppose I can simpilfy it some, but I plan to keep the basics in.
-----------------
Wonko said:
Create the Football at (1,1).

Orc replied:
Change that to (10,10).  Otherwise one team automatically gets a touchdown.
-----------------
Wonko said:
Raise each player's Entropy by 2000 [[Triggering an Entropy Apocalypse to
wipe the grid clean]]

Orc replied:
I don't like the entropy explosion happening. A lot of the stuff in the explosion you already have covered, and a lot of Entropy stuff we don't need right now, like everything being fire.
-----------------
Wonko said:
Set every one of every players' dimensions to zero, except for Respect.

Orc replied:
And wins. That needs to fixed in the winning rule too. Or are wins technically not a dimension?
-----------------
Wonko originally said:
Give Wonko and BvS each the title: "Knight of the Bulldozers"

BvS said:
-Sounds like a badly spelled second-rate horror movie...-

Orc replied:
If I didn't already have so many projects (uber-prop, library, the real 3D grid, machines, music...), I'd be following up on that...
-----------------
Wonko originally said:
Destroy all Service Malls.

BvS said:
-Oh, I beat you to that...-

Wonko replied:
I don't know... there may be one floating in space somewhere... I think one
was created at the beginning of this nweek... though I don't want to spend
the time it would take to figure it out for sure.

Orc re-replied:
Actually, I don't think BvS destroyed the (18,18) one, as Barney was scheduled to do that.
------------------
Wonko
curses eir stupidity.
Now it can't vote!

Orc
laughs.
Wonko said:
I propose:
{{
__Corporate B-Nomic__

Orc replied:
Actually, I think that Corporations ought to be completly seperate from Societies, and societies should be better defined. I think that they were intended to be their own mini-nomics or whatever, and not empowered by society-specific rules. But go ahead, your prop can't hurt. [edit] I just got to Dave's spiel, and I'm thinking along those lines a bit. Make corporations more strictly defined, but able to gain power; make societies just groups that don't directly affect the game.