Daniel Lepage on 11 Oct 2002 01:06:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Orc's Replies 10-10-02

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> I'm making a batch of replies again because there are so many messages I
> want to respond to.  I HIGHLY recommend that *others* do the same.  You know
> who you are.
>
> ==================================
>
> Orc orignally said:
>
> Orc In A Spacesuit
> accidentally pinched his finger in a folding metal chair.  It hurts.
>
> -------------------------
> Wonko said:
>
> Folding metal chairs, eh? Hmm....
>
> --
> Wonko
> muses...
>
> ------------------------
> Orc replies:
> I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

Yeah, but the thousands of voices don't cry out until *after* I make the
proposal :)

> ================================
>
> Orc and BvS had a big argument about whether or not Orc caused the game to
> be unstable.
>
> Wonko decided to thow in his 2 cents:
>
> Making CFI's is also a standard action which, normally, nobody has a problem
> with. bd's issuance of 1000 of 'em was therefore, by your logic, nothing out
> of the ordinary.
>
> What BvS is trying to say is that you just generally took *a lot* of
> actions. That always makes things more confusing.
>
> -------------------------
> Orc Replies:
> It's not the number of actions.  There's been plenty of times when people
> have bought Gnomes en-masse, but there wern't any problems. I was just
> trying to function in the game as it was intended.  I was not trying to
> exploit all the logic errors everywhere.  But you know what?  I don't care.
> Put my name on the shirt!

The point is, you took a lot of actions, some of which were confusing (given
that you and bd made a lot of illegal actions, then rescinded and
reperformed them repeatedly); I'm no longer sure how many Gnomes, points, or
debt points either of you have. During times of crisis, especially times of
multiple-player induced crises, that can get icky.

So yeah, welcome to the shirt!

> ================================
>
> Glotmorf originally said:
>
> Like I said before, that's not a bug, it's a feature.  But hey, if you guys
> really want to give me a title, I'd prefer "Lord of the Bulldozer".  Whether
> or not it's a scam is subjective, isn't it?
>
> -----------------------
> Wonko said:
>
> Good point. I'll change that
>
> ------------------------
> Orc Replies:
> I still think e ought to get "Bob the Builder"

Except e didn't build. E knocked a pile of speeders down.

> ============================
>
> As for that lengthy but well written post about why we need an SOE:  1
> requirement: we stay in the same nweek, and all the current props stay
> (except maybe for any stupid ones - and I'm sure you're all smart enought to
> figure those out, if there any.  Too tired to check.)  Show me your Refresh
> Prop, and I'll say yes if I like it.
>
> And I could have put in more replies, but they'd be even more pointless.
> After skipping a night's sleep, I'm about ready to turn in early.
>
> Oh, and thanks for the replies about the browsers.

The Refresh Prop is the "reset everything" prop I've posted twice already.
But okay, I'll post it again.

--
Wonko