Glotmorf on 9 Oct 2002 02:06:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A little bit o' cash

On 10/8/02 at 7:26 PM Wonko wrote:

>If y'all haven't been convinced to deactivate the Stock Market, this
>should
>do the trick...
>

>I Go Public, issuing 11 shares of Stock in myself, none of which are
>available for purchase.
>
>I give one Share to the Bank.
>
>I borrow 6 points from Luigi.
>
>Here's what happens:
>
>Because I have outstanding shares, and I just gained six points, 2 BNS is
>transferred from me to my Dividend Fund.
>
>Because the amount in my Dividend Fund is more than 1/10 of the number of
>shares I own, 1 BNS is paid to me for every 10 shares I control.
>
>Because rule 946 fails to mention where these BNS are paid to me from, and
>r21 states that if rule states BNS is paid to someone without specifying
>the
>source, it comes from the bank, the 1 BNS I am paid is given to me by the
>Bank.

Tsk.  The second paragraph of r945.C.2.3 reads, "If the number of shillings in a player's dividend fund is greater than 1/10 of the shares of the player's stock, one shilling is paid to each entity (including the Bank) for every ten shares of the player's stock that that entity owns. If the owning entity is incapable of possessing shillings, the shillings are instead paid to the Bank."

The context of shillings in the first part of the first sentence suggests the context of shillings for the second part of the same sentence.  The second sentence reinforces this by saying shillings are paid to the Bank.  Why would shillings be paid from the Bank to the Bank?

Do I really have to CFI this?  The CFI rule talks about "spirit of the game".  While I admit the game is bloodthirsty, I believe the spirit of the game doesn't include reading different parts of the same sentence out of context of each other.

						Glotmorf