Wonko on 7 Oct 2002 01:32:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Here's another one:

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 10/6/02 at 11:26 AM Wonko wrote:
>
>> I create another society, entitled __Wonko gets points__, with the
>> following
>> initial members: Wonko
>> And the following Charter:
>> {{
>> Members of "Wonko gets points" may gain points by declaring that they do so
>> in a public forum.
>> }}
>>
>> I create 1000 points in my possession.
>>
>> [[Why is this legal, you ask? Because the Society rule says that, "A
>> Society
>> may convey certain privileges, restrictions or responsibilities to its
>> Members, subject to the rules of the game". Well, there's no rule that
>> actually forbids societies from giving me the privilege of creating points,
>> so it turns out that it's perfectly legal. Whee!]]
>
> Societies' rules defer to game rules.  The default case says you can't change
> the game state.  So even if the society charter says you can gain points, you
> can't change the game state in that way.

The default case says that I can't change the gamestate without another
rule's permission. The Society rule itself gives me this permission, by
saying that societies may grant priveleges to their members.

Sorry, guy. ;)

--
Wonko