bd on 5 Oct 2002 23:37:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] about society fixing

On Saturday 05 October 2002 06:16 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> Well, I've thought about actually making the rules be code like that, since
> my prop was likened to C++.  However, I just don't think that that's the
> best thing for this nomic.  This is not C++Nomic, CNomic, or JavaNomic.
> It's BNomic, and I think most of us would like to keep it that way.

That was sarcasm. A formalized one would've have some semicolons at the end of
the brace blocks ;)

> However, I have seriously considered setting up a system like that.
>  Perhaps we could collaborate and make a new Nomic based on a particular
> language. If we do, I'd prefer Java, as it, along with Assembly, is one of
> my favorite languages, and won't have a lot of computer-related baggage.
>  Perhaps we could even link it somehow with BNomic, giving our Ambassador
> something to put in the BiWeekly.  Well, let me finish the uber-prop first,
> and maybe we can do this.

Cool! I think Assembly Nomic would be a Bad Thing:
MOV (*0), (*0)

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It'd end very quickly ;)

But java (more accurately, a variant) might work.

--
bd
BOFH Excuse #11:

magnetic interference from money/credit cards