Orc In A Spacesuit on 5 Oct 2002 22:46:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] About locations

Right now Fire is a Grid Substance. What do you guys think about giving a Location the follwoing properties:

Substance: Things like water, ice, turf, rock, dirt, air, void, etc.
Condition: On Fire, Frozen, etc.
Surface: True or False
Solid: True or False

If a square with substance water becomes frozen, it's substance turns to ice. And other stuff. Surface is whether or not it has a surface (that can be walked on). All squares in a 2D grid are surfaces. In a 3D region, if somebody's in a non-surface square, e 'falls' to a square in the direction of gravity, barring other forces. Solid is whether or not the substance completly fills a place. This is any underground, non-tunneled places on a 3D region.

Oh, and for the record: I plan on reinforcing the fact that the grid is wholly 2D in the uber prop, but changing that shortly after my uber-prop settles in (and I welcome change from others, of course).

Orc In A Spacesuit
is redefining space/time. kinda, sorta, with your permission.