Glotmorf on 5 Oct 2002 03:11:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NomiCrack and Victory: The Game is Mine

On 10/4/02 at 5:14 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> See...this is why I'm positively stupefied when *you* accuse *me* of
>being an
>> asshole...:)
>
>Because you took an idea that was mine (WBE) and tried to steal it. That,
>under my particular set of morals, counts as plagiarism, and is something
>which I would NEVER do, no matter how much I stood to gain from it.
>
>Unless, of course, I was doing it in response to someone who had done it to
>me, in which case I would feel no moral qualms about it.
>
>That, by the way, is a tactic commonly reffered to as the 'Grim
>Retaliator'.
>I've always liked it, myself.

Oh, is that the problem?  Then we don't have a problem.  I never at any point was trying to steal your idea.  I was trying to steal your property and your power structure, but at no time would I have claimed it wasn't your idea.  I freely admit it was your idea.  I was doing a purely predatory resource grab, comparable to your robbing the bank.

I'm against plagiarism too, and am somewhat shocked you'd accuse me of it.  If I was into that sort of petty dishonesty, I wouldn't remain loyal to my friends and respectful of my enemies, and I wouldn't give credit where credit was due.

But take advantage of a rule to make off with your property?  Dude, that's what the game's about, as you've so aptly proven in the past.

						Glotmorf