Wonko on 1 Oct 2002 21:41:04 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] CFI -- Wonko Can't Vote

Quoth Glotmorf,

> Wonko was cursed by the Witch Gremlin.  Per Rule 256.B.2, this means Wonko
> could not legally vote until the following nweek.  Wonko's claim that Rule 15,
> which says, "Players may vote", takes precedence over Rule 256.B.2 is invalid,
> since rules taking precedence over other rules only occurs if the rules
> conflict, as per Rule 33.  Since Rule 10, which states, "All game entities and
> the Administrator must abide by all the Rules in effect, in the form in which
> they are in effect", indicates the intent is for the rules to work together
> when possible, a specific-situation prohibition such as Rule 256.B.2 does not
> conflict with a general-case permission such as Rule 15; the
> specific-situation prohibition merely serves to qualify the general-case
> permission.  Players, after all, may still vote, as long as, among other
> things, they're not cursed by the Witch Gremlin.

I don't understand what's so hard about this. How can you claim that r15 and
r256.B.2 don't conflict with each other?

One says I may vote. The other says I can't. How much more of a conflict do
you want?

Do the rules read differently than is reflected by the Website?

Here's what I see on the Website, and the conclusions drawn from this:

Rule 15:                               Rule 256.B.2:

"Players may vote."                   "As long as a player is Cursed, e may
      |                                not vote."
      |                                     |
      V                                     V
I am a player.                         I am Cursed.
      |                                     |
      V                                     V
Therefore, I may vote.                 Therefore, I may not vote.
                    \                   /
                     \_____       _____/
                           \     /
                            \   /
                             \ /

              Therefore, there is a conflict between
              rules 15 and 256.B.2

              Rules 15 and 256 each have Chutzpah 1.

                        Rule 33:

              If two or more rules have equal Chutzpah,
              the rule with the lowest identification
              number takes precedence.

             Therefore, Rule 15 takes precedence over
             Rule 256.

                  |Therefore, I may vote. |

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there already a copy of Glormorf's
proposal in effect?

As far as I can tell, the answer to both of those is 'NO'.

--
Wonko