David E. Smith on 1 Oct 2002 05:50:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Clock is Off

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

[ Wonko's votes ]

> Are you suggesting we CFI the proposals that pass solely because of
> Wonko's votes, rather than singly CFIing eir voting at all?

I don't know WHO will do it, and I don't know precisely WHAT form it'll
take. But it's gonna be done. I know you litigious S.O.B.'s that well. :)

[ 404's votes ]

> Anyway, it doesn't work.  If e joined on, say, nday 9, e's started -2
> ndays prior to the start of voting, and -2 is less than 1.

It makes AT LEAST as much sense as Wonko's claims as to why e can vote. ;)

A well-written CFI could probably cover both instances of this possible
vote fraud, actually. I'm hoping that's what happens -- mostly to keep the
bureaucracy to a minimum, and to get things on some semblance of normalcy.

No matter what happens, I'm gonna have to generate four different versions
of "the nweek 23 vote results" -- one including both Wonko's and 404's
votes, one with Wonko's but not 404's, then the other way around, then one
including neither of their votes.

Then I'll have to diff them to see what will pass or fail regardless of
the outcome of the inevitable CFI or CFIs, and try to implement whatever
can be implemented. Then based on how all the inevitable CFIs turn out, we
end up rewriting history about a jillion times.

Then I'll finally give up and have that ulcer. Maybe a nice heart attack
instead. Perhaps I'll just pick up a loaded bomb gnome and run madly
through the nearest Service Mall, waiting for Cops 1, 2 and 3 to take me
out. Hell, I dunno.

(I'd love to be able to just do 'Wild West Justice' -- create a ministry
for the purpose, with a Sheriff and maybe even a Deputy. Basically
Imperial Nomic, but it sounds so much cooler this way. :)

...dave