Baron von Skippy on 1 Oct 2002 01:48:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] A proposal for next nweek?

>> >*It must not be able to make proposals
>>
>>This I don't see. Yes, three people who can get together for the purpose >>of manufacturing can form a separate club for the purpose of block voting
>>and profit sharing, but...why?
>
>-Sounds to me like it's partly because that's not what a Corporation is
>going to do in his vision, partly that vSOI and WBE already can't make
>proposals and never will, but are natural choices for Corportionhood, and
>maybe partly because M-Tek can, but that's just a guess.-

vSOI could make proposals if you wanted it to. All you'd have to do is change the charter.

-M-Tek could not make proposals if you didn't want it to. All you'd have to do is change the charter.-

WBE can't do anything, because it doesn't exist. The proposal that's trying to create it is illegal, because it's not creating a society the way the rules say a proposal can create a society. Wonko's "proposals change the game state" argument doesn't work, because r10 says proposals can't temporarily circumvent the rules.

-Neener neener... so you've got a little more time before it does.-

>> >*It must have resource pools of BNS, Points, and Units
>>
>>And provisions for distributing same to members.
>
>-Why all three, Wonko? vSOI works with points, WBE with BNS, what if M-Tek
>took Units and we didn't need to all have everything?-

WBE as it's proposed uses units too...it has to have them in order to construct its stuff. Even if M-Tek didn't need points to build things, if it ever wanted to sell what it built it'd need a pool of either points or BNS to receive payment.

-This is true. Oh, wait, I'm being dumb. vSET will have and handle all three types, if it gets lands going. This assumes that all three of those proposals passed.-

>> >*It must have a Minister associated with it who keeps track of its
>> >attributes
>>
>>This'll be a pain in the butt, unless you're thinking of a Minister of
>>Societies. Otherwise, if I form a club out of the blue, and add a couple
>>members, I can't go corporate unless I somehow find a minister first?
>
>-Ditto. Wonko, this will suck. Unless you expand that: a Corporation must
>have a Minister defined by the Charter who also holds more power in the
>company and is not paid a salary. It's still not great, but it's a little
>better.-

Possibly a Market Minister, or a Corporation Minister. I take it back about the Minister of Societies...Sorry, Dave, but I think charter changes should stick with you.

-Yeah, a general minister is way better than one each.-

>> >*It must have a method for adding new members
>>
>>A good idea, along with provision for losing members, but why make it
>>mandatory?
>
>-Why not make it mandatory?-

Because there may come into existence a club of three people that wouldn't want to remain a club if any of the three were to quit...maybe a short-term venture or a special-purpose thing. Requiring a method for adding members is like requiring all three types of pools: why should it be required if it's not necessary?

						Glotmorf

-So they make a method for initiating new members: "To become a member of Club Thought Experiment, the player who wishes to become a member must give each current club member 100 points, 1000 BNS, 500 Units, and $50 American." It's legal, but no one will DO it.-

                                                  [[BvS]]