Wonko on 30 Sep 2002 21:43:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Monday afternoon)

Quoth David E. Smith,

> * Pinging a Bonus Box: illegal
> * Wonko's walk: illegal. r301.F.9. The sectino of r301 defining Airspeeder
> movement takes precedence over 'normal' movement, and you're all out of
> Airspeeder movement.
> * Eir votes: well, that's a matter of some contention, isn't it. I would
> maintain their illegality, but I'm not the justice system. ("Let's make
> it Imperial" failed way back in like nweek 3 or something.)

Your honor, I do protest.
1) I can ping bonus boxes - they're defined as MO's. I defined them that way
nweeks ago, precisely because I thought it would be fun to pinball them. In
fact, if I remember correctly, the original reason I proposed pinball guns
was for the purpose of poinging Gritter's Scary things and Shiny things
around, back before they were formally defined as Bonus Boxes.

2) The section of r301 defining Airspeeder movement defines an action I can
do. It does not exclude other movement-related actions. I am permitted to
move 6 times via my speeder, and once via my normal movement. If my speeder
prop passes, this will be partially alleviated because it you make a move
without using the speeder, you have to leave the speeder behind.

3) I maintain their legality, on the grounds that A) I am a player, and B)
'players may vote' (as the rules say). Simple syllogism dictates that from A
and B we can conclude C) I may vote.

--
Wonko