Joshua Caudle on 29 Sep 2002 01:08:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 23 BALLOT

> >> Is there anything I could do to this prop next nweek to make you like
it?

> > i think the biggest problem I had were the police gremlins. I mena if
there
> > were a  player who were considered the police officer of B Nomic 'd be
all
> > about this.. but I think that just give the gremlin minister more to
worry
> > abotu htan necessary plus do you relly want  an automated police force??
>
> Making a player who ran the Police Force would be Bad, would it not? I
> intend to create a variety of things people can do that would get them
sent
> to jail. The Police Officer would be immune to being jailed by all of
them,
> 'cause e'd control who got arrested.

I see your point but I htink it would work well as a paid elected someithing
akin to one of the ministries with a clause for impachment by a simple
majority. Thusly if you piss too many people off you can be replaced.

> >> I strongly disagree with the idea of freely exchanging BNS and Units -
> >> what's the point of Units, then? Why not just have BNS?
> >
> >> Also, what happened to BNS -> Points conversions?
> >
> > I like the fact that everything has become limitiv and the wya I read
the
> > thing iit's not so much that  you can exchange resource units for BNS
but
> > you cna purchase units.. of there are no units you wouldn't be able to
> > exchange them for points. ifthat's not h case I'l probly admend it to
the
> > prop next nweek to explicitlystate that resouces have to come form
> > somewhere...
>
> But where are you purchasing them from? It would make sense if there were
> some entity somewhere with Units up the proverbial wazoo, but right now,
as
> far as I can tell, the Units just come out of thin air when you change BNS
> to them.
>
> And then you can do it the other way too: destroy a Unit for no particular
> reason, and apparently the Bank will pay you for it.

I'll admit it wasn't perfect bnut the basic idea is sound, it just needs a
litttle tweaking with some adjustments and in conjunction with the mining
operations I think it has the potential to create a better Economy in
general... and hell if it doesn't pass and the mining operations do we can
tweak this so that units must be bought from the ordinance survey if they
arent' otherwise  procured. unfortunately that means that the odinance
survey  wil require  some tweaking in order to account for the fact that it
should probly function as the main point of contact for all things  natural
resources.