Glotmorf on 26 Sep 2002 03:36:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Guy Stuff

On 9/25/02 at 5:52 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> C. Saga Forms
>
>So it's like group writing, only weirder and with rule changes thrown
>throughout?

The indirect interchange between the baron and me inspired it.  That, and the tales of the Star Trek "bible", which they used to make sure every episode was as consistent as possible. (Except for "The Conscience of the King", where the guy hit with lethal phaser fire didn't disintegrate as usual, and was available as a prop for the antagonist...not that I'm a fanatic or anything...)

>> Other than by adding excerpts, a Chronicle cannot be changed by a
>proposal.
>> However, a CFI can challenge the validity of a Chronicle in relation to
>its
>> Saga's Rules and its own internal consistency, and dictate changes to be
>made
>> to the Chronicle if the CFI is ruled True.
>
>How strictly do you expect the rules to be enforced? I mean, you've already
>infringed on "The Guy's" story guidelines by mentioning that e recalls
>having seen a movie called 'Cube', which would be a memory of eir past.

He says he thinks he remembers it.  I can make an argument for consistency, if you're gonna CFI...:)

>> C.4. Scoring
>>
>> When a player votes on a proposal that contains Excerpts, e may also
>give that
>> proposal a rating, which is an integer between 0 and 15. If e does not,
>e is
>> assumed to have given that proposal a rating of 7. If a proposal with
>Excerpts
>> passes, its proponent recieves a number of points equal to the average
>of all
>> ratings given to that proposal by players other than the proponent who
>voted
>> for the proposal.
>
>You should specify that Excerpts don't qualify as Nomilogue material - many
>Excerpt style proposals will probably also qualify as Nomilogues, and that
>means up to a 30 point bonus per proposal, which is rather a lot. If you
>don't do that, then I suspect I'll vote against all Excerpt proposals, or
>at
>least rate them 0, on the grounds that they give their proponents too many
>points.

>From the Prose Form rule: "The rules and actions presented must be clearly delimited from the story component, and at the same time must be reflected in the story component."  The odds are that most excerpts will be in proposals by themselves or have nothing to do with anything else in the proposal.

If the excerpt somehow reflects the rules or actions in the proposal with it, then one has a proposal that is of both prose and saga form.  Rather like a proposal that's of both prose and haiku form...which was one of yours, Wonko.  The one in nweek 11 I had to look up to claim your Zen Master title.

						Glotmorf