Wonko on 23 Sep 2002 20:38:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] AAAARRRGGG!!!

Quoth Glotmorf,

> Rule 942 doesn't say you can decrease "any" nice dimension; it says you can
> decrease "a" nice dimension.  I wouldn't say that an "a" is strong enough to
> assume it means someone else's.

I'm sorry, have they changed the definition of 'a' since last I checked? Or
are you trying to make the case that 'a dimension' can only refer to one of
mine? If so, the ruleset is so far shot to hell already that we might as
well repeal the whole thing and start the game over.

> The rule *does* say your Destruction goes up when "any other Dimension was
> decreased."  However, it says this in the context of the score that was
> decreased, which was said in the context of the priest's own destruction
> attribute.  I'd say that's way too much context for personal attributes to
> assume that anyone else's attributes are involved.  I can't see anyone ruling
> against a CFI to that effect.

Perhaps I'm missing something here... what exactly do you mean by, the score
that was decreased was said in the context of the priest's own destruction
attribute? You think that because it's talking about MY destruction, all
other dimensions mentioned in the same sentence must also be mine?

Read the rule. It says, and I quote, "Priests of Apophis may increase their
Destruction by decreasing a Nice Dimension an integral number of points"

Either I can scrap anyone's score, or nobody's scores are 'Nice Dimensions'.
The rule says, 'Nice Dimensions are currently Activity, Charm, Respect,
Score, and Style.' Score is, in fact, in that list.

Therefore, I can scrap any score in this manner.

As you have pointed out to me so often,
Yer nitpicking, guy.

--
Wonko